Asphalt shingles are still one of the most common roofing materials in Tauranga, accounting for over 40 percent of all residential roofs. They’ve been used for roofing applications for a long time, and despite modern production processes and advances, they’re still lightweight, simple to install, and affordable. If you take a walk around your neighbourhood, you’ll see that they’re mounted on almost every property. This is unsurprising given the material’s multiple benefits, which allow for higher added value. Start by gaining an understanding of available materials if you’re thinking about installing a new roof or are ready to embark on a large roof-repair project in Tauranga. For most clients, asphalt roofing shingles are the most common and cost-effective alternative. Asphalt is available in a wide range of shapes and hues. Organic shingles and fibreglass shingles are the two types of asphalt shingles available. The substance of the base mat is the difference between the two.
5 Points to Consider When Repairing an Asphalt Shingle Roof
An Asphalt Shingle Roof may last up to 20 years, but frequent and thorough maintenance can extend the life of the system much further. This process is simple enough provided you understand the pitfalls to avoid. Incorrect maintenance, on the other hand, is just as harmful as not maintaining your roof at all.
- The biggest roof maintenance blunder you can do is to wait until you notice a problem before addressing it. You’ll need a plan to follow so you can spot problems before they turn into a costly and time-consuming mistake.
- Often people disregard twigs and branches on the roof, assuming they would be carried away by the wind or rains. This can cause difficulties for asphalt shingle roofs because twigs can have sharp tips that scrape the surface of the roof and reveal the asphalt layer below.
- Allowing an inexperienced roofer to work on your roof nearly always results in disaster. Look for a local contractor who is licensed, insured, and gives guarantees with a roof estimate to ensure a solid and long-lasting roof for your house.
- Your roof’s gutter system is an important component. To avoid blockage, keep your gutters clear of debris.
- The granules embedded in the top layer of asphalt shingles can be dislodged by high-pressure water. These granules are in charge of shielding your roof from UV radiation.
How Asphalt Shingles Roof Replacement is Reliable?
Roof replacement is one of the numerous household renovations that must be done on a regular basis, as most long-term homeowners are aware. There are obvious symptoms that your roof needs to be repaired or replaced, such as missing shingles and water damage, but there are also additional reasons to replace your roof. One of the first steps in a roof replacement is to choose a material. In today’s residential homes, asphalt shingles are the most popular roofing alternative. Because of its affordability, durability, and aesthetic appeal, many homeowners in Tauranga pick this roofing material. After production, the asphalt shingle’s life cycle begins. They’re packed in airtight packing to keep oxygen and moisture out until they’re ready to use. A roof should be replaced after it reaches a particular age since it is more subject to damage. When buying a house, it’s crucial to know when the roof was last renovated so you can estimate how much longer the roof will survive.
Benefits of Asphalt Shingles Roof for your Home
- Asphalt shingle roofing is available in a variety of styles to suit your home. It comes in a variety of colours, textures, and designs that will improve the curb appeal and value of your home.
- Asphalt shingles are light in comparison to other roofing materials. It means they’re less likely to compromise your home’s structural stability.
- Maintaining your roof properly is critical to extending its life. Investing in long-lasting, low-maintenance materials like asphalt shingles pays well.
- One of the main reasons individuals pick asphalt shingles for their homes is because of its low cost. It may improve the appearance of your little dwelling as well as provide additional protection from the weather while keeping within your budget.
Make an appointment for an Asphalt Shingle Roof Replacement now.
Asphalt shingles have a high potential for recycling into a variety of valuable commodities, including cement kiln fuel. Finding the correct roofing contractor may be a difficult undertaking depending on the weather and your budget. If you need your shingle roof replaced or would like to have it evaluated to see if it needs to be replaced, call JP Franklin Roofing in Tauranga immediately to get a free quote. JP Franklin is a leading supplier and installer of Asphalt Shingle roofs in Auckland, as well as an approved Asphalt Shingle repair company by insurance companies. From single tile repairs and roof restoration to total Asphalt Shingle roof replacements, our staff has over 30 years of expertise working with Asphalt Shingles. For expert advice and/or a competitive price for your Asphalt Shingle Roof installation, maintenance, repairs, or replacement, call JP Franklin Roofing at 0800 456888.